6/recent/ticker-posts

Google Pixel 7 Pro vs Pixel 6 Pro Camera Test - Same Camera

Google Pixel 7 Pro vs Pixel 6 Pro Camera Test - Same Camera

what's up everybody this is Danny and today I'm going to be doing the camera comparison between the pixel 6 Pro and the new Google pixel 7 Pro so the camera setup looks pretty similar so, I want to see if this is actually the same camera, 

if it's been upgraded this year so let's not waste any time we're just going to jump right into it and we're going to see if the pixel 7 Pro is worth the upgrade let's do it the pixel 6 Pro is on the left and the pixel 7 Pro is on the right I know the intro is different. 

*google pixel 6 pro

*google pixel 7 pro

but thought this would be easier to follow along I took so many pictures because I was so excited for the pixel 7 Pro Camera this year but after looking at so many side by side I think this will have pixel fans split and how they feel and don't worry. 

I will explain throughout at this artical. so let's start with the new camera features of the pixel 7 Pro what's actually different the first thing you will notice is the difference in the zoom options here is the main sensor shot then there is the 2x crop shot which we will talk more about in a second. 

Zoom Instead

the pixel 7 Pro has a 5x option as the next Zoom instead of the 4X that is on the pixel 6 Pro you will see a slight difference there here is the 10x hybrid Zoom from both and is super impressive since this is not a dedicated lens. 

so Google did a great job with this and here is the maxim the 20x for the pixel 6 Pro and now the pixel 7 Pro gets a bumped up 30X zoom and it does not look bad at all while I'm seeing some slight improvements here the images look extremely similar in that. 

it's to be expected I guess because it looks pretty much like the same camera setup you can notice though on the 2x crop from the main sensor that it is a little sharper if you didn't know these phones do not have a 2X telephoto. 

if you look right here you can see more detail on the pixel 7 Pro throughout the zoom ranges you can see a very slight increase in detail in this scenario let me know if you can tell the difference but even on the 10x you really really have to look. 

because most people are going to think that it's pretty much the same image and I wouldn't blame you what I do love about the Zoom experience on the pixel 7 Pro. this year is just like Samsung devices when you zoom in to get the photo after a certain Zoom range you get the stabilization with a pop-up preview.

Shot Without Stabilization

Pro owners know that it can be tough getting that shot without stabilization. so this is a great addition the pixel 7 Pro finally gets a dedicated macro mode and it does a good job and while I personally don't use macro mode too much in my everyday life. 

it is nice to have they both get great depth of field without macro mode these are from the same distance and it's really hard to tell the difference but once you kick in that macro mode you can definitely tell.

the difference but in a situation like this it can really come in handy for food shots without macro. I guess you just need to pull back to take the picture now this is from the same distance. so you get an idea of how close you can get with the pixel 7 Pro of course. 

you can just use the telephoto if you want with the pixel 6 Pro like I did here if you want to kind of achieve the same thing but besides the occasional over sharpening like you see on this orange this is a ketchup feature. 

I've feel Google needed and now it's here so that's great another Improvement that is very welcome is the pixel 7 Pro now gets a much wider field of view on the ultra wide camera see here it's all included with the new wider camera. 

Google Pixel 7 Pro vs Pixel 6 Pro Camera Test - Same Camera

now you can see it here clearly the tusker house sign is almost out of the frame on the 6 Pro but on the 7 Pro it is well within the frame again another catch-up feature to put it in line with other flagships. but I'm really enjoying that extra field of view. 

now that I've tell you the new features let's talk about the overall daytime images there are some minor changes with the white balance and overall approach of the photos but again. I'm not going to sugarcoat this I don't think that most people will be able to tell a difference at all during the day.

I'm sure that they could do this on the pixel 6 Pro as well via software but looks like it's exclusive to the pixel 7 Pro at this time and close up it does a pretty good job and to really test this I wanted to track the subject while walking and while it did lock.  

Looking Cinematic Mode

it did work it's not the most natural looking cinematic mode that I've seen so stay tuned to see the next video with the comparison with the s22 ultra and the iPhone 14 pro Max that is a good one. you're not going to want to miss that and this is an example of walking stabilization with 4K 30 frames per second. 

if you look closely the pixel 7 Pro is doing a better job picking up less of the micro Jitters and keeping the entire frame more stable but it isn't a drastic difference so let me know if you can tell a difference or not at night. 

it's again all about the subtle differences besides one thing which I will get to in just a minute but the differences here are much more noticeable than the daytime in my opinion I'm noticing better dynamic range in handling brighter signs like this. 

even the M M Signs look more defined on the building I appreciate the more accurate skin tones too they're slightly more saturation on the pixel 7 Pro Shot here and I think that helps a lot right out of the camera the pixel 7 Pro did a better job. thnak you reading this artical.

Post a Comment

0 Comments