6/recent/ticker-posts

Why Chromebook Turn On?

Why Chromebook Turn On?

what's going on guys my name is fahad and recently I was on eBay just browsing random listings for computer parts when I was recommended this a listing for a fully functional tomb.

one touchscreen Chromebook for only 25.59 with free shipping this seemed like it should have been abnormally cheap but after doing a quick search.

I found dozens of used Chromebooks selling for the 25 to 30 dollar price point this got me wondering what kind of performance and functionality a device like this could offer at such a low price.

so I said why not press the Buy It Now button on the listing and checked out then about a week later this USPS box landed on my doorstep.

opening up the box and pulling out the contents all that was in there was the laptop wrapped in bubble wrap and the charger pulling the laptop itself out of the wrap.

I could see and feel a healthy layer of dirt and grime covering it I tried to do a bit of a visual inspection and check things out further,

but the dirt and dust was kind of grossing me out so I decided to give it a quick external cleaning before diving in any further with that done.

I was ready to start checking this device out on the top cover we can see there was originally some sort of school or organization logo engraved on the lid,

but someone clearly went to town with a grinder to hide the origin of where this laptop came from this is definitely not ideal having a ton of rough grind marks on the exterior,

but we must remember this laptop was just 25 dollars so I don't think it's the end of the world there's also some sort of code printed on a sticker which was likely.

how the original organization identified each individual unit what's also interesting is the ThinkPad logo was also removed for whatever reason on the bottom is just some rubber feet a few vent holes.

a bunch of exposed screws that I'll definitely be removing later in the article to check out the internals Beyond those there are a few more stickers that give us insight into the journey and life this Chromebook has had on the left side of the device.

we find the power input a USB port a headphoneslash mic combo Jack and a full-size SD card and reader the right side features.

the power button a volume rocker for a USB 3 port HDMI out and a Kensington lock overall this is a pretty good Port selection in my opinion also there's not any ports on the back just some venting.

the hinges opening the lid up I was greeted by the 11.6 inch 1366 by 768 touchscreen which we'll talk about more in a minute.

I also found a pretty standard Lenovo laptop keyboard layout the trackpad and again a blink spot where a ThinkPad logo would normally be at this point.

I also Just tested the hinge to make sure it couland go fully back because like I said before this is a touchscreen two in one it features an almost entirely plastic build and around 3.7 pounds and 0.87 inches thick it's definitely on the heavier side for an 11 inch Chromebook.

overall this laptop is definitely dirt and scuffed up and I don't know if I'd say it's in great cosmetic condition like the listing States but there doesn't appear to be any major damage.

I consider the condition acceptable for the 25 that I paid with the quick physical inspect action done I was ready to load into Chrome OS and get it set up opening.

the lid powers on the device and it boots up fairly quickly I start by connecting to my Wi-Fi signed into one of my Google accounts accepted a few agreements and was in Chrome OS within a couple of minutes.

if you don't know Chrome OS is a Linux based operating system developed by Google specifically for Chromebooks.

it's super lightweight so it can run on very low end Hardware including arm-based processors also most everything is stored in accessed through the cloud.

so you don't even need much local storage it's definitely nowhere near as full featured as Windows but for a lot of people it's all they really need the first thing.

I did was try and confirm the specs by interestingly going into the browser and typing in Chrome colon forward slash forward slash system,

this presented a ton of information on the device and allowed me to see stuff like the CPU model Ram capacity and other interesting stats the official product name of this device is the Lenovo ThinkPad yoga 11e Chromebook.

it released all the way back in 2014 and get this had an original MSRP of over 450 dollars which is pretty darn expensive for a Chromebook.

the system States it's using an Intel Celeron n2930 typing that into Google and bringing up the product page on Intel's website.

Post a Comment

0 Comments